Char McKay's 10 money saving hints for life in Denmark
Get inspired by Char McKay's 10 hints on how to save money when living in Denmark.
1. Get a CPR card.
2. Find affordable housing in Denmark through word of mouth
3. Know your grocery stores and learn the prices of everyday items
4. Get a bike
5. Carry a map
6. Use klippekorts when traveling on public transport in Denmark
7. Learn to read Danish (at least survival level)
8. Know which restaurants in Copenhagen have great-tasting entrees for under 100 kroner
9. Get into events and museums for free
10. Swap tips with other expats and share your knowledge by posting your comments here.
The hints collected here and many more are covered in the "Worktrotter's Guide to Denmark".
Benefit of the collective knowledge. You don't need to re-invent the wheel and go through our mistakes as well.
Share with your friends
The Worktrotter books
For those working with Danes and those trying to find work in Denmark.
This book is also aimed at those Danes who want to become conciously aware of the Danish workplace culture.
Find out how to decode Danish work culture, avoid pitfalls and know how you can bring your messages across when working with Danes.
For current and future newcomers to Denmark.
A practical step-by-step guide about living and working in Denmark. Save time, nerves and money. Be smart and do things right - right from the start.
No shipping fees worldwide!