Save at restaurants, bars, cafés in Denmark
- When a friend suggests going out for coffee or a meal, make sure you have done your research first! A cup of coffee or tea can cost you as much as 35 kroner and a glass of beer 60 kroner. Restaurant prices can be astronomical.
- Check out the many restaurants listed in aok.dk and their recommendations. Here are some ethnic restaurant possibilities:
1. Indian and Pakistani: Restaurant Sahil (Havnegade 33), Indian Corner www.indiancorner.dk, Ali Baba http://www.alibaba-restaurant.dk/
2. Thai: Thai Pan www.thaipan.dk, or Thai Sweet Basil (Grønnegade 33)
3. Vietnamese: Viet-Nam Nam www.viet-namnam.dk, Restaurant Saigon Quan www.saigonquan.dk
4. Turkish: Ankara for lunch or dinner buffet http://www.restaurant-ankara.dk (two locations)
5. Japanese: Sushi Time, Selfish (for take away) www.selfish.dk
6. Ethiopian: Addis Mesof (Fredensgade 11)
7. Vegetarian: Riz Raz for lunch or dinner buffet www.rizraz.dk (2 locations)
- Pre-function! Enjoy a glass of wine in a park or by a lake near the restaurant before your meal.
- In bars, you can nurse one beer all evening – no pressure to order more. Leaving “small change” is nice, but not necessary. In restaurants, you really and truly are not expected to tip, unless you receive extraordinary service
- A great deal for beer - Carlsberg Brewery Visitors Centre – very interesting self-guided tour and two draft beers, all for 60 kr. [www.visitcarlsberg.dk]
The hints collected here and many more are covered in the "Worktrotter's Guide to Denmark".
Benefit of the collective knowledge. You don't need to re-invent the wheel and go through our mistakes as well.
Share with your friends
The Worktrotter books
For those working with Danes and those trying to find work in Denmark.
This book is also aimed at those Danes who want to become conciously aware of the Danish workplace culture.
Find out how to decode Danish work culture, avoid pitfalls and know how you can bring your messages across when working with Danes.
For current and future newcomers to Denmark.
A practical step-by-step guide about living and working in Denmark. Save time, nerves and money. Be smart and do things right - right from the start.
No shipping fees worldwide!