Free places to see in Copenhagen
- National Museum and the out-lying places, like Frilandsmuseet, Liselund on Møn [www.nationalmuseet.dk] Plan to visit many times – these places are enormous. Inquire about free English language tours.
- City Museum on Fridays [www.bymuseum.dk]
- Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek on Sundays [www.glyptoteket.dk] – a treasure!
- Danish Design Center on Wednesdays after 5:00pm [www.ddc.dk]
- The Danish Resistance Museum (Frihedsmuseet) [www.natmus.dk]
- Thorvaldsen Sculpture Museum on Wednesdays [www.thorvaldsensmuseum.dk] Free audio guide.
- Statens Museum for Kunst [www.smk.dk] (enormous permanent collection free, entrance fee for the special exhibitions). Also, visit The Royal Cast Collection, at a separate location.
- Botanical Gardens [botanik.snm.ku.dk]
- Frederiksberg Have and Søndermarken Park, slot, art exhibition, view of zoo elephant house, special small gardens.
- Danish Parliament (Christiansborg Palace) – inquire about free English language tours [www.folketinget.dk]
- While strolling the Strøget, pop into the Royal Copenhagen Museum and watch hand painting
- An easy bike, train or bus ride north of the city, in Klampenborg, the Deer Park (Dyrehaven) where thousands of free-ranging deer can be viewed.
- Tip: buy a Kultur Nat (Culture Night) button in October and see all the other museums in town that normally charge admission fees.
The hints collected here and many more are covered in the "Worktrotter's Guide to Denmark".
Benefit of the collective knowledge. You don't need to re-invent the wheel and go through our mistakes as well.
Share with your friends
The Worktrotter books
For those working with Danes and those trying to find work in Denmark.
This book is also aimed at those Danes who want to become conciously aware of the Danish workplace culture.
Find out how to decode Danish work culture, avoid pitfalls and know how you can bring your messages across when working with Danes.
For current and future newcomers to Denmark.
A practical step-by-step guide about living and working in Denmark. Save time, nerves and money. Be smart and do things right - right from the start.
No shipping fees worldwide!